For 2017 I said I wanted to stop and reevaluate as I go, so that my months don't feel like it zooms past me. I didn't write much for January, but I did do a lot of things. So, in addition to all the things I've already written about in the past few weeks, other significant things in January include:
1. Life administration - getting my taxes done.
2. Enjoying summer - went to the South Melbourne night market, and Shimmerlands at Melbourne University.
3. Nurturing friendships - KIND OF. I went for a 10-year-graduation-anniversary picnic with a couple of people from med school. There is one person that can be quite insensitive, and over the years we have drifted apart which has made my life much better. I thought he might have changed, but nooooo at the picnic he still managed to say something mean (by singling me out as one who's "still" unmarried - how is this an okay thing to do?!). There was also Chinese New Year celebrations which coincided with a friend's son's (Eddie) birthday, he turned 2.
4. Appreciating beauty - I watched Yves Saint Laurent the movie, starring Pierre somebody. Not the Gaspar Ulliel one. That was a nice one. Sadly I can't think of any other times I tried to inject more beauty into my life, apart from ensuring I am groomed each day. Hmmmm something to fix for February, maybe.
5. Living well - I went back for some yoga classes, although I haven't been back since last week. I also semi-picked up running again after purchasing a new sports bra in my ever changing boob size. After skirting around and avoiding the "specialist bras" brand (more out of my own denial), I sneaked a peak at Freya's bras. My bra size is now more like an aeroplane seat number, and this means I am forever condemned to ugly bra section. Sorry, I know it's not ugly per se, but you know, I very much veer towards the romantic and 30H is not romantic. It feels so GOOD to have my boobs properly encased though.
6. Eating well - so I'm vego/vegan for maybe 5 days of a week. I no longer buy cheese, milk or eggs. I think that's where my cholesterol comes from. Not that it's very high, but you know. I still eat meat but I try to make most of my meals vego. I bought tofu for the first time! On my own accord! I've replaced my usual full cream milk with soy milk (almond milk does NOT go well with coffee). I've replaced my usual feta-on-toast with olives. I even made a vegan version of my sweet potato muffins, without eggs or yoghurt (it tastes mostly of tofu and flour, but I douse it with Tabasco so it's ok).
Despite #5 and #6 I have not lost any weight, because I am still eating ice-cream, cakes and desserts - HONESTLY it was because I forgot I was trying to not have dairy.
That's all I can be bothered to write about for January.
February should be good. Frenchie is coming in 9 days!